How to cross the border of a country bordering Ukraine? Is it true that no documents are needed for this? How to drive a car or drive an animal? Read these and other tips in the article! Also here you will find links to useful resources, which offer a variety of assistance to Ukrainian refugees (volunteer, official): transport, housing, solving household problems and more.
You will also be interested in:
Checkpoints on the state border of Ukraine: Dyakove, Porudne, Solotvino
To cross the border need a biometric or ordinary passport. If you do not have this document, you will need to fill out an application for asylum. Covid certificate is not required. Children: it is desirable to show a passport or birth certificate. The car will pass without a green card. For animals: just fill out the application.
- Ukrainians in Romania
- PENTRU UCRAINA-United for Ukraine-United for Ukraine (Romanian)
- Help for Refugees Chat
- "Help RO"
- "Strong Together"
- "United for Ukraine - United for Ukraine"
- DOPOMOGA GOV MD
- Volunteer assistance
Embassy of Ukraine in Romania
Checkpoints on the state border of Ukraine: Reni, Tobacco, Starokozache, Mayaki-Udobne, Kuchurgan, Mohyliv-Podilskyi, Mamaliga , Rososhany, Sokyryany, Kelmentsi, Podviriivka, Zelena, Vashkivtsi
Any document confirming your identity will be suitable. For example, the internal passport of Ukraine, the child's birth certificate. Until April 24 (previously) Ukrainians will be able to enter the country on digital documents in the application "Action".
Covid-19 certification is not required. Green card for cars as well. For animals: pass without documents, but in the future all these issues will have to be resolved with a local veterinarian.
You will need a passport to move from Moldova to Romania.
- Green line to call: 112 or 080001527
- Website from the Government of Moldova
- Infocenter 999 for refugees from Ukraine
- Help for Ukrainians in Moldova / SOS Ukrainians Moldova
- Moldova for Ukrainians
- Pomoc dla Ukrainy | Help for Ukraine
- Info Board "Help for the Citizens of Ukraine in Moldova" Help for the Citizens of Ukraine
- / Moldova Liberă
- Ajutor ucraineni în Moldova / SOS Ukrainians Moldova
- Information for those already in Moldova
- A group for those who travel with pets
Embassy of Ukraine in Moldova
Checkpoints on the state border of Ukraine: Uzhhorod, Mali Selmentsi, Maly Bereznyi/
When crossing the border, you must present any identity card, including a pass with a domestic Ukrainian passport, birth certificate. Yes, if you do not have a biometric passport, it will be enough to write a statement asking for shelter. Covid certificates, green cards for cars, veterinary passports are not required.
Embassy of Ukraine in the Slovak Republic
+421 259 202 816
Checkpoints on the state border of Ukraine: Chop (Tisza), Dzvinkove, Kosino, Vylok, Luzhanka
It is enough to confirm the identity with any document, including the internal passport of Ukraine, the child's birth certificate. The car will pass without a green card. For animals, the borders are open, when crossing it is necessary to vaccinate, microchip and fill out the form.
- Information from the UN
- Hungary, Ukrainians in Hungary (Hungary)
- Group "Help on the Ukrainian-Hungarian border"
- Group "Volunteer community in Hungary"
- Google form "Looking for a night Hungary"
- Information for those fleeing Ukraine
Embassy of Ukraine in Hungary
Checkpoints on the state border of Ukraine: Krakivets, Hrushiv, Shehyni, Rava-Ruska, Yagodyn
This country is dedicated to separate large article. Read the conditions at the link: "Ukrainian refugees in Poland: what is important to know"
Refugees can enter neighboring countries through checkpoints of the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine with any identity card (biometric or ordinary passport, domestic passport of Ukraine in the form of a booklet or plastic card, birth certificate). In some cases, border guards agree to allow refugees on the basis of a photocopy (photocopy) of any of the above passports.
For children under 16 it is desirable to have a birth certificate or a document confirming family ties with an accompanying adult. The permission of the other parent is not required.
Minor children over the age of 16 may cross the border on their own with a biometric or non-biometric passport of a citizen of Ukraine, or an internal passport in the form of a plastic card.
Orphans and children deprived of parental care leave Ukraine if they have: a
- passport of a citizen of Ukraine or a child's birth certificate (in the absence of a passport) or documents containing personal information recognized by the State Border Guard Service;
- the order of the director of the institution (or the person who replaces him), where the child lived, on the departure of children outside Ukraine.
To cross the border through the checkpoints of the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine do not need: documents related to the code; green card car insurance policies; chipping, vaccinations, international and domestic veterinary passports for animals.
According to an EU regulation, Ukrainian asylum seekers can stay in the European Union for up to three years without having to apply for asylum.
These are the following countries: Belgium, Switzerland, Finland, Germany, Czech Republic, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Bulgaria, Greece, Italy, France, Spain, Portugal, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Ireland.
Links to common resources for many countries:
Situation at intersections
- Current list of functioning checkpoints
- Interactive map of checkpoints / CPVR
- Table of monitoring of queues at the border
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine
- Help Ukraine
- Volunteer Group Works Good Ukraine 2022🇺🇦
- “Bridge: Ukrainian Refugee Aid Group”
- ”Vet for Cats and Dogs in Need”
- “Help for Refugees from Ukraine”
- “Wind Duet”, Telegram (railway schedule, news)
- List of doctors and hospitalsthat offer Ukrainians free medical care abroad
- Information for people fleeing the war in Ukraine
- Travel insurance, green card for travel abroad, OSAVO online
- Kiwi.com — flexible search for low-cost airline tickets, it is also possible to search for train and bus tickets
- Trainline.com — search engine for train and bus tickets in Europe
You will also be interested in: